I have been working at Super Supplements for about two months now, mainly because I really like knowing about natural ways to be healthy and helping others in this quest. This job has really illuminated my lack of doing good health.
I have other excuses aside from being too busy:
It is too expensive. REALITY - eating right and taking the right supplements is waaay cheaper than Dr. bills and missing work due to illness.
I am not a pill taker and I won't stick to a regimen. REALITY - Better health is a lifestyle. There are many ways to get proper nutrition without popping pills all day. If the changes make me feel better I will stick to it.
There really is no excuse for not taking the time to live a healthy lifestyle.
I have done my homework and tomorrow I am starting a new plan for better health!
Disclosure: All the products I mention below I can buy where I work. One of the benefits of working there is the discounts! ;-) You can buy them there too or online. Super Supplements is a discount retailer with prices 10%-70% off SRP every day.
my plan for better health
1. Cleanse - Jarrow Fiber Perfect
- removing excess bowel material flattens the belly.
- eliminating toxins increases energy
- enhances immune system
- Aids healthy digestion
2. cut sugar 15-25 g per day, no hfcs. use xylitol or stevia as a replacement
- too much sugar causes belly fat
- weakens immune system
- causes fatigue and “crash”
3. Use Coconut oil and MCT oil - 2 Tb per day
- lowers cholesterol
- enhance body's ability to use glucose & provide energy
- antiviral and anti-fungal properties
- burns body fat
4. Eat Low glycemic fruits, veggies and grains
- low glycemic meals make you eat less than high glycemic foods
- help balance blood glucose and insulin levels
- reducing excess body fat levels
- less hungry between meals
- drink half your body weight in fluid ounces
- Water is essential to all the vital functions of the body.
- Reduces the risk of many health issues
- Regular hydration will boost energy levels
- Also boost your immune system and mental sharpness.
- Speeds up recovery from injuries.
- Cleansing and detoxing absolutely requires lots of water.
6. H.O.P.E. formula - See full description below
- High fiber - 35 grams per day from food and supplements
- Omega 3,6,9 - 1000-3000 mg from nuts, seeds, fish, avocados and supplements
- Probiotics - 6b - 200b organisms daily from fermented foods, whole food vitamins and supplements
- Enzymes - from raw foods,sprouted grains,raw nuts and seeds and a supplement with every meal
7. plan meals
- protein for breakfast
- eat every 3 hours 7:30ish, 10:30ish, 1:30ish, 4:30ish, 7:00ish but no later if possible.
- see #4
- go for walks daily. That's as much as I know I can do. I would love to go to hot yoga 3 or 4 times per week but right now that's pushing it.
- Real Food multivitamins or New Chapter Multi
- multi-nutrient whole food vitamins the body will use and not just pass thru and eliminate
- one a day (or two small ones) so i’m not taking pills all day
- no need to take with food cuz they are food
- Green Vibrance
- energizing green food for overall wellness
- Nutrient dense drink that tastes ok and is easy to use
- supports and improves digestion and immunity
- CO-Q10 and resveratrol
- Supports the Health of the Cardiovascular and Circulatory Systems
- Supports Healthy Energy Levels
- Supports Healthy Brain Function
all of the below comes from renewlife.com by Brenda WatsonFor ongoing support during and between cleansing, the four-part H.O.P.E. formula developed by Brenda Watson is a daily nutritional plan that combines High fiber, Omega oils, Probiotics and Enzymes. Each natural component plays a vital role in proper digestive function and overall health.
- High Fiber: Foods high in fiber add bulk to the diet, which helps to strengthen and tone the colon muscles. Fiber also helps absorb and eliminate toxins from the digestive tract, working like a kitchen sponge to scrub and sweep waste from the intestinal walls. Studies have also shown that a diet high in fiber promotes cardiovascular health by supporting healthy cholesterol, blood sugar and blood pressure.
- Goal: At least 35 grams daily
- Omega Oils: Natural Omega-3, Omega-6 and Omega-9 oils provide the necessary lubrication for smooth and gentle elimination, while at the same time helping to nourish the cells in the intestinal tract. Clinical research has also proven that daily supplementation with Omega oils promotes cardiovascular and brain health, and helps reduce harmful inflammation in the body.
- Goal: 1,000-3,000mg daily
- Probiotics: The word probiotics literally means “for life”. These beneficial bacteria promote healthy digestive and immune function by crowding out harmful organisms in the digestive tract and promoting the growth of healthy flora. As a result, they help improve overall digestive and immune function.
- Goal: 6 billion to 200 billion CFU daily
- Enzymes: Natural digestive enzymes help break down a variety of foods such as carbohydrates, proteins, fats, sugars and dairy so that they can be digested more easily by the body. Enzymes also enhance the absorption of beneficial nutrients from the foods we eat.
- Goal: Take with every meal